23 February 2009

Getting Ideas For Blog Content - Where I Get My Ideas

Sometimes it's really hard to get ideas for blog content. If you've been writing for awhile, then you may have a time when you run out of ideas or feel like there's absolutely nothing left to write about your topic.

Of course, there still are plenty of things that you can write about. You just need a bit of inspiration. These are some of the ways that I find new things to talk about.

I check the news. I read the daily newspaper and look for interesting pieces of news online. You'll often be able to find noteworthy topics that relate to your niche. Or, you may get an idea for a new blog.

I check other blogs. Reading other blogs in your niche gives you a good idea of what people are talking about and what people are interested in reading. Of course, you don't want to copy their ideas, but take your own slant on it. Be sure to mention where you got your idea from. For example, you may want to say, "Blogger, over at That Blogging Site was talking about this and it got me to thinking..."

I have an idea box. Or notebook, whatever works best for you. I like to keep a running list in a Word document of things related to my blog topic that I could write about. Because I do this, I always have some place to look for ideas when I feel like I've run out.

I ask my readers what they want to read. One of the great things about blogging is that it brings you closer to your readers. It's more interactive than a traditional website. So interact with your readers. Ask them what they'd like to read about. You'll probably end up with tons of ideas that you wouldn't have thought of on your own.

Article by : Payton Blard

No comments: